Air con in your car offers you confort and safety every season. A comfortable temperature in the summer gives you a higher level of concentration doesn’t it? Use the air con in the winter to avoid misty windows.
It is of great importance to keep your air con working in optimal shape. A regular check is necessary, it also prevents damage to your car.
R-1234yf Regas and Repairs
Car manufacturers are being forced to change the refrigerant used in the air conditioning system over the next few years from R134a to r1234yf. The motor industry has decided that the refrigerant used for the past 20 years is less environmentally friendly than a refrigerant with a lower Global Warming Potential (GWP).
R-1234yf Refrigerant behavior is very similar to R134a, which allows component manufacturers as well as automotive designers the luxury of not having to make drastic changes to current products.
- Identify the type of gas in the system
- Recover all refrigerant from the system
- Remove and replace the receiver/dryer unit if necessary
- Check the condition of the compressor, condenser, and all hoses
- Check the condition of all wiring harnesses
- Dry nitrogen pressure test system, checking for leaks
- Vacuum system with a two-stage high flow pump
- Test system is holding vacuum
- Recharge with R-1234yf refrigerant to vehicle specifications
- Test system operation, pressures, condenser fan operation, blower fan operation, and vent temperature Service